LATEST POSTS

Friday 25 March 2016

Sesame chicken salad with courgette noodles



I have a new addiction - cookbooks! My sister bought me the Hemsley & Hemsley ‘The Art of Eating Well’ book and so when I had some leftover cooked chicken I decided to make their ‘sesame chicken salad with cucumber noodles’. Here’s their link.


Rather than cucumber noodles, I went for courgette but it’s a tasty (and easy) dish to make!


I steamed some pak choi and spinach…


…and spiralised my courgettes.

 

Piled in three different types of bean sprouts…


…some spring onions…


…and fresh red chilli pepper.


Then toasted some sesame seeds to release their flavour.


Whilst I set to work on my dressing - a mix of honey, walnut oil, salt, lime juice and zest.



Back to the main event and it was time to add the fresh coriander and cold cooked chicken.


And top it off with the warm sesame seeds.


Ta-dah! Looking good…



…and not too different from the professionals!

Photo from Hemsley & Hemsley

I made plenty so also took it for a packed lunch the next day.


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Eat - Explore - Enjoy. Designed by OddThemes