LATEST POSTS

Friday 19 February 2016

Superfood sprinkles

 
I don’t know about you, but I always end up with lots of open, half-consumed bags of healthy goodies to sprinkle on my morning yoghurt or chia pudding. I lose valuable minutes in the morning finding, opening, pouring and resealing my collection of nuts, seeds and fruits.

So, inspired by my mama, I took a new approach…

I bought these mason jars for overnight chia puddings but they’re too tall and the wrong shape for the thick yoghurt breakfast, but they’re perfect for filling to the brim with a selection of sprinkles.

I piled in nuts (almonds, macadamia & pistachio), seeds (flax, linseeds, pumpkin & sunflower), dried fruits (goji berries, cranberries, blueberries, apricots, papaya & pineapple) and some unsweetened coconut flakes.

Look at all those lovely layers of goodness...

I gave them a good shake to mix everything up (after all, the point is to get a good mixture…not just a pile of coconut!)

And, after making an apple and chia pot overnight, I tried it out the next morning.

Delicious, colourful and time-saving! Genius idea and a great start to the week.


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Eat - Explore - Enjoy. Designed by OddThemes