LATEST POSTS

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Salmon quinoa burgers


I love salmon…raw, smoked, baked - anything! So when I saw the skinnytaste.com recipe for salmon quinoa burgers I couldn’t resist.


This healthy recipe is also pretty easy to make!


First up I made the dressing - olive oil, apple cider vinegar (she recommends champagne vinegar but I didn’t have any), shallots, dijon mustard and seasoning.


Chop the shallots...
...and then just mix it all up together.




Simple! Though mine looked a lot thicker than the recipe pics, but it was tasty so didn’t matter to me.


Next up was the salmon prep.


You need 16oz of salmon so I dug out a mixture from my freezer supplies.


The recipe says to blend up about a quarter of the salmon to help the burgers hold together.



The rest just finely chop and add to a mixing bowl.




Cook your quinoa…


…and fry up the shallots and kale…I could only find frozen kale though so wasn’t really needed.

Then basically throw all the ingredients into bowl - salmon, kale, cooked quinoa, egg, dijon mustard and seasonings.
 

Mix up.

Then form into patties - I have a burger press as love to make my own beef burgers so that made it very easy.


Next cook the salmon patties on a skillet for about 5 minutes each side.





While they were cooking I made a salad to accompany - cherry tomatoes, baby cucumbers, salad leaves and orange pepper.



When your burgers are cooked on both sides...


...simply serve them with the salad and dressing.


Delicious!



Especially with a little dressing to add a yummy ‘zing’.


Worth a go as would be an easy summer dinner party dish.

Ingredients - burgers

  • 16oz salmon, skin removed
  • 1tsp olive oil
  • 1/3 cup diced shallots
  • 1 cup kale, chopped
  • 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • 2tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1 large egg
  • herbs and seasoning
Ingredients - salad dressing
  • 2.5tbsp olive oil
  • 2.5tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2tbsp minced shallots
  • 1.25tsp dijon mustard
  • seasoning
Recipe from www.skinnytaste.com

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Eat - Explore - Enjoy. Designed by OddThemes