LATEST POSTS

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Hazelnut choc-chunk cookies


I’m a big fan of ‘Great British Bake Off’. Whilst I generally don’t watch TV, this show is a definite exception - every week I try to curl up on the sofa, cup of peppermint tea or custard in hand, to drool over the week’s delicious creations.

Inspired by the show, I decided to do some baking one cold Sunday afternoon.


I found a simple-looking recipe on BBC’s Good Food website. I did check out some of the vegan versions but there were so many ingredients that I didn’t have in my cupboards that I decided that they could be a future project!


So I assembled the ingredients and set to work…


Mix the chopped butter and brown sugar together



Add the vanilla essence and eggs



Sieve in the self-raising flour (I couldn’t find self-raising flour in Germany so had regular flour with baking powder!)


Then add your chosen ingredients - I went for hazelnuts and chocolate chunks but you can add almost anything you want - fruit pieces, chocolates and nuts.




Try not to eat too much of the yummy mixture at this stage!

Mix together and then form into balls and place on a greaseproof paper on a baking tray.


And bake!


They only take about 8-10 minutes to cook…and the delicious cookie smell fills your kitchen!



Then cook them on a wire rack.




And sample the results of your hard work!



Perfect afternoon treat - and good to take into the office (once you’ve had your fill!)

Ingredients

  • 100g brown sugar
  • 125g unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1.5tsp vanilla essence
  • 1/2tsp salt
  • 225g self-raising flour
  • 200g chocolate
Recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com



Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Eat - Explore - Enjoy. Designed by OddThemes