LATEST POSTS

Friday 13 March 2015

Carnival Season closing, Cologne-style


Shrove Tuesday (“Faschingsdienstag”) is the last day of the carnival season, before Lent starts. Whilst unfortunately we couldn’t get the time off work to see the Viktualienmarkt ladies dance, we did manage to finish the day celebrating.

We headed back to gecko club where we’d kicked off carnival season.

Once more sporting fancy dress (yes I am recycling my halloween costume - I don’t have a lot of my fancy dress items in Munich with me!).


And enjoyed more of the Cologne beer (Kölsch).

Kölle Alaaf! ("Cologne above all!”)




Before each engaging in a mission to pose with 10 different random costumes throughout the club…








Mission complete!!



At midnight the celebrations end suddenly - Fasching is officially buried until the next year and Lent begins.


The “Münchners“ now have a short break before they launch themselves into the “Strong Beer Season“ (Starkbierfest). Watch this space for a blog post, once I’ve done this festival - the dirndl is already ironed in preparation!


Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Eat - Explore - Enjoy. Designed by OddThemes