- Munich Christkindlmarkt - the main city market, starting in Marienplatz and spilling out into the surrounding pedestrian shopping streets.
- Munich Residenz Christmas Village - a village style market in the courtyard of the former royal palace
- Christmas Market at Sendlinger Tor - a small market at one of the southern gates of the former city walls
- Schwabing Christmas Market - the market in the area of Munich that I live in, at Münchner Freiheit
- Tollwood Christmas Market - on the same site as Oktoberfest (Theresienwiese), a more artistic market - with an 'indoor' section, perfect for cold winter nights
- Christmas Market at Munich Airport - also includes an ice rink
- Medieval Christmas Market - at Wittelsbacher Platz, close to Odeonsplatz, with unique historical elements and stalls
- Haidhausen Christmas Market
- Chinesischer Turm Christmas Market - market at the Chinese Tower beer garden in the English Gardens
- Pink Xmas - a lively market started by the gay and lesbian community at Stephansplatz
1. Munich Christkindlmarkt
|Carol singers on the Rathaus balcony|
|Gluhwein from a boot!|
3. Christmas Market at Sendlinger Tor
4. Schwabing Christmas Market
5. Tollwood Christmas Market - I forgot to take my camera here, but I recommend a visit for a different style of Christmas Market...a little less 'touristy' with different products and foods on offer.
6. Christmas Market at Munich Airport
How can you not feel festive after all of that?!
Well I still had space for more Christmas cheer so headed onto Moscow to explore the markets there...