LATEST POSTS

Sunday 24 November 2013

Perfect way to spend a Sunday!

I love Sundays...a day when I feel perfectly entitled to do nothing and so am always that little bit more pleased with myself when I actually do something!
After some serious amounts of sleep, I had a lazy morning doing a little housework, getting dressed and chatting to Mama Bear before one of my besties came round...complete with her super cute dog!  Who I like to think I named after me...meet Bear:
After giving Bear the grand tour and deciding a suitably warm place to set up his bed (tricky in my ice cold Victorian house!) we settled down for coffee and a chat.  After warming ourselves with caffeine and giggles we heading into town to meet another friend for lunch.  We decided to go to Browns which was a good choice...not too busy plus good menu selection and generous portion sizes!

As it was Sunday I went to roast beef...with all the extras!
Really yummy - though I think it will be a long time before any beef beats the Argentina beef from last month...however the parsnips and cauliflower were fab accompaniments, though the yorkie a little too crispy for my taste.
We then decided to treat ourselves to two desserts...a salted caramel cheesecake that I'd definitely recommend:
And a trio of brownie / blondie / gingerie with contrasting ice creams, including pistachio!  For those who love pudding tapas...perfect!
All was suitably demolished!





Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Eat - Explore - Enjoy. Designed by OddThemes